There are more than 2,400 PlayStation 4 games available as of this writing. With the PlayStation 5 not coming out until later in 2020, the parade of PS4 titles isn’t going to stop for probably several more years. If you love to hunker down and play your PS4, you want a comfortable gaming chair for doing so. Which are the best picks in chairs for PS4 gamers like yourself?
The Best PS4 Gaming Chairs
Here are our top 10 picks for the best PS4 gaming chairs:
- X Rocker Pro Series 2.1 Vibrating PS4 Gaming Chair
- Homall Gaming Recliner PS4 Gaming Chair
- Chill Sack Memory Foam Bean Bag Chair
- Homall S-Racer PS4 Gaming & Office Chair
- X Rocker Surge Rocking Gaming Chair for PS4
- Ace Bayou X Rocker Vibe
- Vitesse Gaming Recliner Gaming Chair for PS4
- BIRDROCK HOME Adjustable 14-Position Memory Foam Floor Chair
- X Rocker Pro Series H3 Vibrating Floor PS4 Gaming Chair
- GTRACING Racing Style Office & PS4 Gaming Chair
If any of the above chairs have sparked your interest from the name alone, then keep reading. In this extensive guide, we’ll review each chair in-depth, including discussions of weight limits, pricing, features, and pros, and cons. We even have a section on choosing the right PS4 gaming chair for you. You won’t want to miss it!
Weight Capacity: 275 pounds
Our fist pick is quite an impressive PS4 gaming chair, the X Rocker Pro Series 2.1. As it says in the name, this chair does come with vibrating capabilities thanks to built-in motors. Through the vibrations, you can get a more immersive experience as the motor syncs to the bass tones coming from your games or your favorite tunes.
To further add to the immersion, X Rocker also included dual speakers within the chair, both of which face forward. When combined with the powerful subwoofers and the audio force modulation option, your games have never sounded so good!
As if all that wasn’t cool enough, the X Rocker Pro Series 2.1 chair has a control panel so you can link up with fellow X Rocker chairs if you have friends over to play the PS4. If you happen to own an Xbox One, you can also use this chair with it as well as other consoles.
- That this X Rocker chair comes with so many high-tech features yet doesn’t cost hundreds of dollars more is very impressive.
- The radio wireless receiver that’s also included with the X Rocker Pro Series 2.1 allows you to use an RCA stereo setup with your gaming chair, and you even get the RCA cables necessary for the setup included with your purchase.
- This pedestal-style chair has a leather-coated body that’s quite modern and appealing.
- Some shoppers have said the chair doesn’t include all the necessary pieces for use.
Weight Capacity: 265 pounds
If you want a gaming chair that doubles as a respectable piece of furniture, then you’ve got to be looking for the Homall Gaming Recliner. This PS4 gaming chair in a stylish and comfortable recliner style measures 29.1 inches deep and 25.5 inches wide with a seat height of 17.7. inches. The back itself is 29.1 inches tall and 20.9 inches wide, although the measurements do change depending on if the recliner’s back is open or closed.
Four feet with non-marking pads allow this recliner to support up to 265 pounds. Also, don’t let the recliner style fool you, as this is still a gaming chair through and through. That much is evident in the PU leather exterior, the colorful piping along the chair’s arms and base, and the side pocket for stashing controllers and even a few snacks and drinks.
You get plenty of adjustable features as well. If you feel like reclining, then expand the chair from 90 degrees to 180. By that point, it’s in the perfect position to kick back and even take a nap between fervent gaming sessions. The thick sponge underneath the PU leather, which is a high density, is comfortable, yes, but it’s also very permeable and resilient.
- An included headrest and lumbar support make sitting in this Homall PS4 gaming chair for hours at a time easy and very comfortable.
- The Homall logos throughout add an air of authenticity to this chair.
- You can choose from three colors for the piping of the Homall Gaming Recliner, such as white, red, purple, and bright blue.
- Some users have said this isn’t the most comfortable recliner.
Weight Capacity: N/A
Who says you need a traditional gaming chair to enjoy your favorite titles on the PS4? The Chill Sack Memory Foam Bean Bag Chair is an epic solution as well, plus it’s oh so comfy. Designed to be oversized, the chair measures 60 inches by 60 inches by 34 inches, so it should fit any gamer, even bigger and taller ones.
The fabrics used for this Chill Sack bean bag chair were picked by hand. Each chair, which is produced in the United States, is made for durability with high-quality Microsuede fabric, double-stitching, tough zippers, and shredded foam with a fluffy, light texture. Besides comfort, the shredded foam also promises to hold its shape, even if you get up off the chair for a while.
While Chill Sack chose a fabric cover that won’t discolor or fade, if you ever feel the need to clean your bean bag chair after a particularly strenuous day of gaming, you can! Simply remove the cover of the chair and then toss it in the washer. Use cold water for cleaning only and make sure you air dry (so keep the cover out of the dryer) and it will look, smell, and feel ultra-fresh.
- The Chill Sack is designed for versatility, as it suits many body sizes and weights.
- This bean bag chair is also quite portable. No matter where your gaming adventures take you, such as to a friend’s house or even a big tournament, you can bring your favorite gaming chair right along with you.
- You get a ton of color options for the Chill Sack memory foam bean bag chair, such as shades of red, purple, black, brown, gray, green, blue, pink, and orange.
- Users have complained about some of the colors, as they may impart a dye that stains surrounding surfaces.
Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
Another cool Homall pick for PS4 gamers is their S-Racer. This chair is ideal for all sorts of budgets, as it’s priced lower than most of the other gaming chairs on this list (at least to this point). Even better is that it’s a multi-purpose chair. Besides just competing with others online on the PS4, you can also choose the S-Racer for getting work done, chilling out and watching movies or TV, or even doing some computer gaming.
The chair itself measures 30.5 inches wide by 22.5 inches long with a seat that’s 20.5 inches wide and 19.8 inches in length. Should you adjust the height of the seat, it starts at 17.3 inches and goes all the way to 21.5 inches, giving you plenty of freedom in your adjustments.
Homall’s PS4 gaming chair has a steel frame with a thickness of 1.8 millimeters across. Atop that is shaping foam with a high density, then Homall finishes each chair with a PU leather cover in multiple colors. This leather exterior resists wear and won’t stick to your skin. Casters made of rubber and designed to match the rest of your chair are tested for 1,000 rolling miles for quiet use each time.
Other features include a gas spring cylinder for switching chair height, a tilt locking mechanism that lets you change your angle from 90 to 180 degrees, as well as neck, head, and shoulder support throughout the chair.
- That Homall’s S-Racer can hold up to 300 pounds makes it one of the more generously supportive chairs on this list.
- You can rock the chair by switching a knob, moving back and forth comfortably.
- The S-Racer comes in such colors as black with neon purple, black with white, black with electric cyan, black with bright red, black with dark blue, and all black.
- Some gamers have mentioned you only get a few months’ use out of the chair before you have to tighten up the bolts.
Weight Capacity: 275 pounds
Here’s a second worthwhile option from X Rocker, their Surge Rocking Gaming Chair for PS4. This sleek-looking chair is an Amazon’s Choice product, and it’s no wonder. Besides its price, it’s also said to assemble very quickly. Further, X Rocker created the Surge chair to work with other consoles besides the PS4, not to mention mp3 players, Blu-Ray players, DVDs, CDs, and many TVs.
Like our first X Rocker pick, you can connect the Surge to other chairs in the X Rocker collection. Yes, that means if you have this one and your gaming buddy owned a Pro Series 2.1 chair, you two could link up both chairs and take your gaming even further together.
You also have plenty of tech controls right at your fingertips. These include output and input jacks for choosing a source of audio, bass controls, and a volume control all within the handy control panel. There’s also the impressive Bluetooth receiver for wireless listening to your favorite songs while you game.
The same speakers within the gaming chair are back, and you also get a subwoofer for a realistic rumble and amazing sound. You’ll feel like you’re living in the game!
- X Racer designed this curvy chair for ergonomics. It also supports your back especially well with its mesh and bonded leather upholstery.
- The rocking feature, a namesake for the Surge, is a standout.
- This chair is foldable for its portability. Whether you switch where you game throughout your house or you take the chair out with you, the X Racer Surge can handle it.
- Some say the padding doesn’t hold up well for more than a few months, making this chair uncomfortable to use.
Weight Capacity: 275 pounds
We have yet a third solid X Racer PS4 gaming chair for your consideration, the beloved Ace Bayou. This fabric chair has a similar shape and style to the X Racer Surge because both chairs can rock. They’re also adept for lounging.
With no feet or casters, you simply decide where you want to put your Ace Bayou chair on the floor and then you’re all set. It too can fold for convenient portability. Also, yes, as you may have imagined, you can also easily sync your Ace Bayou with any other model of X Racer PS4 gaming chair your buddies happen to own. By sharing the audio source, you can all get in the mood to game by pumping your favorite songs before the round starts!
Slip even deeper into the game world with dual headrest speakers. You’ll hear in-game audio right behind your head like you’re in the game world rather than ours. Further adding to the experience is a subwoofer measuring four inches that’s on the backrest’s outer surface. The rumbling it creates sounds so real you may do a double take. The speaker/subwoofer combo also enhances watching your favorite movies and TV shows.
- The Ace Bayou includes vibration motors like other X Racer chair models, giving you a cool sensation across the entirety of the chair that makes your games truer to life than ever.
- The fabric cover is a nice change of pace from PU leather, which some gamers might not prefer.
- A bright red and black color scheme is a timeless combo that adds to the appeal of this chair.
- The arms of the Ace Bayou aren’t adjustable, and some gamers have said they can get kind of wobbly after only a few months of use.
Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
On this list, we’ve highlighted some PS4 gaming chairs that don’t quite look like average seating options, and we’ve got yet another one here for you now. The Vitesse Gaming Recliner takes about 10 minutes to put together, meaning you waste less time with assembly so you can get back to gaming faster. The chair is also exceedingly easy to use, as you have to only sit and then push to adjust this gaming recliner to your liking.
Ergonomics abound with Vitesse’s recliner. There are multiple points of support centered around the legs, lumbar, and head. You can also recline between 90 and 180 degrees, choosing whether you want to sit upright or kick back and relax. Further, lumbar and head support cushions maintain your posture, as does a retractable footrest.
Spacious, Vitesse’s gaming recliner has a backrest that’s 24.8 inches wide by 18.7 inches long. The seating area is a generous 19.3 inches wide by 23.6 inches long. The base height of the seat measures 19.2 inches.
The whole chair is covered in a PU leather that is gentle on skin yet waterproof. Beneath that leather base is a soft but durable sponge cushion that makes sitting for hours a painless experience. You need to concentrate on the game, after all, not any pain. A metal transmission to the foot pad, also enrobed in PU leather, is another great ergonomic feature.
- Vitesse promises a year’s worth of protection on their gaming chair. If you have an issue with quality within that first year of ownership, you could get replacement parts at no cost to you.
- The sponge used for this gaming recliner is resilient like memory foam for keeping its shape and comfort.
- Side storage bags are the perfect solution for keeping spare controllers and other peripherals handy.
- Some users have complained that the customer service from Vitesse leaves something to be desired.
Weight Capacity: N/A
Continue to expand your definition of what a gaming chair can be with the BIRDROCK HOME Adjustable 14-Position Memory Foam Floor Chair. This chair comes as-is with no need for assembly, which saves you valuable time. It weighs 10.5 pounds and measures six inches tall, 41.25 inches deep, and 21.25 inches wide when flat. If you raise it 90 degrees, the chair has a height of 22.5 inches, a depth of 23 inches, and a width of 19 inches.
Besides its lack of installation, this chair is so easy to set up. As another floor chair, you just place it where you want it. The BIRDROCK HOME chair also doubles as a cozy place to lay down when it’s not set to 90 degrees. In that position, you can easily store this memory foam chair under a bed, in a closet, or somewhere else out of sight until you need it next.
You get 14 positions for your chair, as you can adjust it inch by inch or in more sweeping increments. No matter which position you choose, you’ll quickly get a feel for the rich memory foam and the fabric covering. Plus, with its very low price point, PS4 gamers on a budget can get a quality seating option for less.
- BIRDROCK HOME’S chair comes fully assembled so it’s ready to use right out of the box.
- It really is a very good budget pick, as it’s among one of the more inexpensive PS4 gaming chairs on our list.
- You have the freedom to select from a whole rainbow of colors for the BIRDROCK HOME Memory Foam Floor Chair. Some of these include orange, eggplant purple, brown, and blue.
- Users have complained about the size of this gaming chair, claiming it’s a little too small.
Weight Capacity: 275 pounds
Yes, this is yet a fourth X Rocker PS4 gaming chair, but that’s only because they’re so well-known and preferred among gamers. The Pro Series H3 Vibrating Floor Gaming Chair has gun stock arms that allow this chair to fold up. If you have a small apartment and you don’t want to keep your gaming chair out all the time, now you can maximize space.
The 4.1 audio in the Pro Series H3 chair includes the X Rocker standard of immersive subwoofers and dual speakers added right to the chair. A wireless side control panel lets you access headphone jacks, output and input jacks, bass control, and volume without having to get out of your chair. You can also use the side control port to connect to a DVD or CD player, mp3 player, your PlayStation, and Xbox.
This all-fabric gaming chair also boasts vibration through motors, just like those featured in other X Rocker models. These vibrations trigger movement according to the bass of your game audio. The ergonomic back support found in this chair proves that your comfort is just as important as the cool tech features.
- The timeless black fabric color scheme of the X Rocker Pro Series H3 means it will never go out of style.
- That it can compact and fold down makes traveling with your favorite gaming chair so much easier.
- You even get an allen wrench with your order for installing this X Rocker PS4 gaming chair.
- Some gamers have complained that the in-audio volume is not as loud as they wished it was.
Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
Our last pick for the best gaming chairs for PS4 players is the GTRACING Racing Style Office & Gaming Chair. A wide, stylishly designed seating option, this chair has a PU leather base with additional seat cushions at the back and headrest for supporting your body. Beneath that leather is a metal base and plastic casters that match the bright color scheme of your choosing.
The functionality of this chair is also quite impressive, as it can swivel 360 degrees, rock, recline between 90 and 170 degrees, and there’s even a feature called Synchro-Tilt that lets you push the chair straight back. The height of the seat as well as the armrests are adjustable as well so your comfort is paramount when gaming on your PS4.
This GTRACING gaming chair can hold up to 300 pounds. The seating area measures 19.68 inches wide by 16 inches long, so it suits gamers of many sizes. The dimensions of the whole chair are 21.26 inches wide by 20.86 inches long with a seat height of between 48.82 to 51.97 inches.
- This is a gaming chair that can accommodate big and tall gamers. Not only are the seat height adjustments quite tall, but the wide PU leather seat is very expansive as well.
- The lumbar and headrest cushions are both removable should you feel more comfortable without them.
- GTRACING’s chair comes in such eye-catching color schemes as black and neon blue, black and gray, black and red, and all black.
- Users have noted that parts of this gaming chair may break easily.
PS4 Gaming Chair Buyer’s Guide
Now that we’ve presented 10 of our most preferred gaming chairs for PS4 players, you may not be able to decide among so many high-quality picks. To help you narrow down your options and make the best choice for you, we present this helpful buyer’s guide. It’s chock-full of information you’ll use as you proceed with your purchase.
How to Choose a Gaming Chair for PS4
While many factors may matter to you when determining which PS4 gaming chair to buy, there are several common ones that most purchasers will think of before clicking the “add to cart” button on Amazon. Let’s talk more about these now.
Above all else, price is probably at the top of your considerations list. You want to ensure you get a great, lasting chair, but you don’t want to break the bank, either. The good news is that out of the 10 PS4 gaming chairs we covered in this guide, you can’t go wrong with any of them.
Almost every single one is inexpensive, and some are even available for under three figures. You’re still receiving an remarkable, awesome-quality chair for your money, you’re just spending far less cash in the process. It’s a win-win!
There are obviously some compromises when it comes to picking a budget gaming chair, but you’ll notice that there are definitely diminishing returns once you start paying upwards of $300 – $500 on a gaming chair. At that point, you’ll be paying more for the name brand rather than the quality of the chair. At the same time, if you spend under $200 on a gaming chair, don’t expect it to last your entire life. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
Style of Chair
A lot of chair styles came up in our reviews. You may opt for a traditional gaming chair with armrests, footrests, and rolling caster wheels. You could also get a recliner gaming chair or a floor gaming chair, which eschews features like armrests and casters to go anywhere you need it most.
Only you can decide which of these styles is most conducive to your life as a gamer. If you travel a lot for competitions, then it may be within your best interest to buy a chair that’s portable, such as a floor chair. If you stay home gaming and streaming to your audience, then a traditional gaming chair or even a gaming recliner may suit you better.
No matter what kind of features you could want in your PS4 gaming chair, you can find them in one of our 10 recommendations. For instance, if you care about technological features like built-in speakers, input and output jacks, and syncing audio, then any of the X Racer PS4 chairs ought to fit you like a glove.
If you want a chair that rocks, the X Rocker Surge Rocking Gaming Chair for PS4 or the Ace Bayou X Rocker Vibe both have that feature. Perhaps you like floor chairs. In that case, try the Chill Sack Memory Foam Bean Bag Chair, the BIRDROCK HOME Adjustable 14-Position Memory Foam Floor Chair, or the X Rocker Pro Series H3.
Another choice you’ll have to make before you buy your PS4 gaming chair is which material you like. Many of the chairs on our list are made of PU leather, an inexpensive leather alternative that looks and feels like the real thing. Another perk of PU leather is it cleans up easily and doesn’t stick to your skin, even if you happen to get a little sweaty while gaming.
Besides PU leather, you can also choose a fabric gaming chair. This may feel lighter-weight compared to PU leather, and plus it adds a simple appeal to any chair outfitted in the fabric.
Think of which material you prefer more and let that guide your decision.
Are Gaming Chairs for PS4 Worth It?
If you’re still on the fence, you may wonder if any of the above chairs are worth it? To that, we say absolutely!
These high-tech, impressive, well-designed gaming chairs are a much better choice than sitting in a kitchen chair or–even worse–curling up on the floor and gaming. Whether you’re competing on a large scale or you’re entertaining an audience on Twitch, you need to focus on your gaming abilities, not your comfort. That’s why a gaming chair is so integral.
If what’s holding you back is that these chairs are made for PS4 gamers, don’t fret. As we said in the review section, many of these gaming chairs feature cross-compatibility with multiple gaming consoles, including the Xbox.
Plus, the chairs are made for all sorts of uses, including working, relaxing, and playing computer games. No matter what kind of gaming you like to do, you can rely on any of the above 10 chairs. If you want to unwind and watch a movie in one of these chairs, they’re very useful for that as well.
If you’re on the quest to find the best PlayStation 4 gaming chair, allow us to introduce you to 10 of our favorite picks. These chairs come in all styles, from traditional gaming chairs to gaming recliners, floor chairs, and even a bean bag chair. With one of our seating options, you’ll be gaming in style and comfort on your PS4 in no time!