You were one of the lucky few who got your hands on a PS5. It arrived on your doorstep not too long ago and you’ve been playing it constantly since. You’ve realized that while you have the perfect console, you need the perfect gaming chair to go with it. Which chair should you consider?
I’ve curated a collection of what I think are the best PS5 gaming chairs. If you’re curious what makes any of these gaming chairs the best of the best, I’m about to tell you. Ahead, I’ll go through each of these chairs, reviewing them and sharing some pros and cons. I’ll even have a complete buyer’s guide to help with your chair-buying decision!
The Best PS5 Gaming Chairs
- Editor’s Pick – Secretlab Omega
- Best Racing-Style PS5 Gaming Chair – DXRacer Racing Series Chair
- Best Budget PS5 Gaming Chair – Homall S-Racer Gaming Chair
- Best Reclining PS5 Gaming Chair – Respawn RSP-900
- Best Fabric PS5 Gaming Chair – AKRacing Core Series EX
- Best Floor Rocker PS5 Gaming Chair – X Rocker Pro Series H3
- Best PS5 Gaming Chair with Footrest – GTRACING Gaming Chair
- Best PS5 Gaming Chair for Long Hours – Herman Miller Aeron
- Best PS5 Gaming Chair for Back Pain – Herman Miller Embody
- Best Single Sofa Recliner for PS5 – Homall Gaming Recliner
Secretlab Omega – Editor’s Pick
Weight Capacity 240 pounds
Our top pick for the best gaming chair for PlayStation 5 players is the Secretlab OMEGA gaming chair.
If you’ve ever been on Twitch or YouTube, then there’s a good chance you’ve seen the Secretlab OMEGA. Secretlab gaming chairs are one of the best and most popular gaming chairs among Twitch Streamers and YouTubers.
And for good reason. The Secretlab OMEGA features high-quality construction with a metal frame, PU-leather upholstery (with fabric and NAPA leather upgrades available), 4D adjustable armrests, and a 165-degree reclining backrest.
In addition, the Secretlab OMEGA’s Cold-Cure Foam padding help makes it one of the most comfortable and supportive gaming chairs out there, ideal for long gaming sessions.
The main feature that makes Secretlab stand out above the rest of the gaming chair manufacturers out there are a wide variety of styles and design options.
Let’s face it. One of the major selling points when it comes to gaming chairs, in general, is the way it looks. Whether you’re a streamer on Twitch or YouTube or just a fan of eSports, Secretlab will allow you to represent your favorite eSports team with their different style options. They also have some stunning designs based on popular eSports games, such as League of Legends, Overwatch, Dota, and even Cyberpunk 2077.
- Excellent build quality
- Comfortable supportive Cure-Cold Foam padding
- Choice of PU Leather, Fabric, or NAPA Leather upholstery
- Over 30 stunning design options based on popular eSports
- A bit on the pricey side, especially when choosing different styles or upholstery upgrades
- Lack of adjustability options
For more recommendations similar to this, check out our full guide on the Best Fabric Gaming Chairs
DXRacer Racing Series Chair – Best PS5 Gaming Chair for Short People
Weight Capacity: 200 pounds
My pick for the best PS5 gaming chair for short people is the DXRacer Racing Series. Whether you’re looking forward to 2021’s Gran Turismo 7 or you want to replay a classic racer like Dirt 5 or WRC 9 on the PS5 (since it’s so wonderfully backward-compatible), you need a slick racing chair like the DXRacer to match.
The DXRacer Racing Series could be that chair. It features a reclining backrest that can angle between 90 and 135 degrees for sitting upright or reclining back. The base swivels 360 degrees so you can follow every second of the racing action on your screen.
To further customize the fit of this gaming chair, you can set the height, backrest angle, tilt-rocking, and armrest height. The chair measures 19 inches by 18 inches by 51.5 inches and features a foam-filled backrest and seat that’s covered in elastic leather.
- An ergonomic head support pillow is emblazoned with the DXRacer logo for a cool look.
- You can select from several color schemes for the DXRacer Racing Series, including black with white accents, black with red accents, black with gray accents, or all black.
- The tilt mechanism allows for easy, fast adjustments, including the back angle of your chair.
- For a gaming chair, a max weight capacity of 200 pounds is a little low.
Homall S-Racer Gaming Chair – Best Budget PS5 Gaming Chair
Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
Second on my list is the Homall S-Racer Gaming Chair. Look, we all know the PS5 wasn’t exactly cheap. If you want to save some money but still have an exemplary gaming chair, the Homall S-Racer is it.
This chair measures 19.8 inches by 20.5 inches by 47.8 inches. The seat height is adjustable from 17.3 to 21.5 inches. That’s far from all you can adjust, though. You can also twist a knob under your seat to rock the S-Racer. Lean back in between a tough game with a recline that’s set 90 to 180 degrees.
The multi-directional caster wheels let you travel across the room freely. So too does the 360-degree swivel that’s built into the S-Racer. The chair itself is covered in PU leather that doesn’t wear easily and won’t stick to your skin if you work up a sweat while gaming. This chair also features ergonomic head and back support pillows for your comfort.
- The S-Racer logo at the top of this chair will let everyone who’s watching your stream know who your favorite chair brand is.
- The five-star steel base is strong, sturdy, and reliable.
- You have a rainbow of colors to select from for the Homall S-Racer Gaming Chair. These include red with black, purple with black, pink with white, green with black, and electric teal with black.
- Some users have said the chair knocks when it’s rocking and is otherwise squeaky.
Respawn RSP-900 – Best Reclining PS5 Gaming Chair
Weight Capacity: 275 pounds
The PlayStation 5 is a next-gen-looking console, so you might want a gaming chair that’s next-gen-looing to match. If so, I recommend the Respawn RSP-900, which is also my pick for best reclining PS5 gaming chair. This well-made chair is 35.04 inches by 30.71 inches by 44.88 inches.
The swivel base of the RSP-900 moves 360 degrees for all-encompassing security. You can recline quite far in this gaming chair, 135 degrees. The style of the RSP-900, which is more like a comfortable recliner than an office chair, lends you lots of comfort as you lean back. You could even take a little nap.
Another perk to Respawn’s design is the continuous surface from the top of the chair all the way to the footrest. This prevents your PS5 cords or headphones from getting caught in between gaps in the chair.
- The Respawn RSP-900 features a side pouch (that’s removable should you want to take it off) that dangles from the chair’s left arm as well as a cup holder in that same arm. The pouch is the perfect place for storing a spare PS5 controller!
- The segmented padding throughout the chair is made not only for looks, but for your comfort as well.
- A headrest pillow with the Respawn logo is included, but it’s detachable.
- Some buyers have mentioned it’s a pain to assemble the RSP-900.
AKRacing Core Series EX – Best Fabric PS5 Gaming Chair
Weight Capacity: 330 pounds
What if you don’t necessarily want a leather gaming chair? Then I recommend the AKRacing Core Series EX, which I declare the best fabric PS5 gaming chair. This streamlined chair measures 27 inches wide with a back width of 21.25 inches and a back height of 32.75 inches.
The fabric across the Core Series EX is on both the back and front of this chair. AKRacing says the fabric can handle even sweltering climates, as the material is soft and breathable. The armrests are comfy too, as they’re 3D and can be adjusted left to right, back and forth, or up and down.
Two pillows with the AKRacing logo on them are included, one for back support and the other for head support. Like the other chairs I’ve discussed, both pillows are removable so you can customize your PS5 gaming chair experience your way.
- This gaming chair is made with a metal base covered in anti-corrosive paint. The foam padding atop the metal base is cold-cured and high-density.
- AKRacing Core Series EX comes in a few colors, including red with black accents, blue with black accents, or all black.
- The fabric upholstery is designed for durability and comfort.
- Users have said the chair colors in the photos are not necessarily what you get.
For more information, check out our full AKRacing Gaming Chairs Review
X Rocker Pro Series H3 – Best Floor Rocker PS5 Gaming Chair
Weight Capacity: 275 pounds
For the best floor rocker PS5 gaming chair, that’s got to be the X Rocker Pro Series H3. Measuring 29.13 inches by 22.05 inches by 20.87 inches, this is a high-tech chair that acts as the ideal complement to your new PlayStation 5.
What do I mean by high-tech? The Pro Series H3 features a side panel with a personal headphone jack, input/output jacks, a bass boost, and volume control. You can plug in your home theater system as well as a myriad of gaming consoles for audio through the chair. If you have a gaming buddy who also owns a Pro Series H3, you can even sync your gaming chair with theirs!
On top of that, this chair features four speakers, all facing forward, as well as a subwoofer for crisp 4.1 audio. Vibration motors built into the chair will detect the bass tones in your music or video game and then rumble with the bass. You’ll feel even more immersed in your PS5 than you already do!
- With audio force modulation technology, the X Rocker Pro Series H3 has awesome audio capabilities.
- When not in use, you can compact this chair and stash it away until next time.
- The metal and wooden base is covered in a padded vinyl that looks and feels like leather but cleans so much more easily.
- Some users have complained the volume isn’t as loud as it could be.
GTRACING Gaming Chair – Best PS5 Gaming Chair with Footrest
Weight Capacity: 350 pounds
For more information, check out our full GTRACING Gaming Chairs Review
After a hard day of gaming, sometimes you want nothing more than to kick back in your chair and put up the footrest. With the GTRACING Gaming Chair, you can. This faux leather chair is 21.26 inches wide, 20.47 inches long, and between 48.8 and 52 inches tall depending on how you set it.
Let’s talk more about that footrest, shall we? It’s retractable, so if you want the footrest down so you can concentrate more on your gaming (or even work), the GTRACING chair can do that. Otherwise, the footrest flips up to cradle your feet. It too is crafted with PU leather, as is the rest of the chair.
The armrests feature tilt and lock adjustments. You only have to pull the armrest paddle to tilt it. Then, when the armrest is set as you want it, you can push it down to lock it in place. The whole chair tilts too courtesy of a tilt tension knob below the seat. Raise or lower the seat as you wish to make your gaming experiences even more exciting.
- The five-point metal base is heavy-duty so it’ll last.
- Lumbar support cushions at the back and head feature the GTRACING logo but do come off.
- The nylon casters roll smoothly across the floor so you don’t make a sound while you’re streaming live.
- Users have had a hard time locking the chair height settings.
Herman Miller Aeron – Best PS5 Gaming Chair for Long Hours
Weight Capacity: Up to 350 pounds
Since the PS5 is new and the graphics are astounding, you’re planning to log some pretty long hours playing the console. The Herman Miller Aeron can accompany you as you explore the rich world of Night City in Cyberpunk 2077. This is undoubtedly one of the best gaming chairs that money can buy.
The Aeron comes in three sizes: Size A, Size B, and Size C. The Size A chair measures 16 inches deep, 25.75 inches wide, and 38.5 inches tall with a seat height that’s 14.75 to 19 inches. The second-biggest size, Size B, is 16.75 inches deep, 27 inches wide, and 41 inches tall with a seat height of 16 to 20.5 inches. For the Size C, the biggest version of the Aeron, it measures 16.75 inches deep, 27 inches wide, and 41 inches tall with a seat height of 16 to 20.5 inches.
You can feel even better sitting in the Aeron since it’s sustainable, as it’s made from recyclable materials. The armrests are very adjustable, letting you raise them from 6.8 inches to 10.8 inches high. You can also pivot the arms 17.5 degrees in, 15 degrees out, or slide them forward and back 2.5 inches. Also included is a tilt limiter for setting your posture up to three ways.
- The Adjustable PostureFit included in the Herman Miller Aeron boasts lumbar and sacral support. The dual pads cradle your spine’s natural curve. If necessary, the pads can move individually.
- You can select from three colors for your Aeron: Mineral (white), Graphite (dark gray), or Carbon (black).
- That you can shop three different chair sizes makes the Aeron one of the most inclusive PS5 gaming chairs on this list, if not the most inclusive.
- Compared to every other non-Herman Miller chair, the Aeron is incredibly, incredibly pricy (think over $1,000). That might be too much for your budget.
Herman Miller Embody – Best PS5 Gaming Chair for Back Pain
Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
Another Herman Miller chair that I can’t help but recommend is the Embody. If you don’t mind the price, this is undoubtedly the best PS5 gaming chair for back, at least in my humble opinion. The chair measures 28 inches by 27 inches by 38.25 inches. It too is recycled.
The Embody has four layers of support, each a different material than the last. Altogether, the layers support airflow and comfortable sitting. The second hidden feature of this chair is the Embody’s built-in spine with ribs, known as the Backfit. This spine is supposed to support yours and move like your body does so you can maintain your posture and balance no matter how you like to sit while gaming.
Pixelated support throughout the Embody creates a floating feeling that’s unlike sitting in other chairs. The pixel matrix in this chair, which is dynamic in design, also allows the Embody to mimic your own body’s movements, no matter how subtle those may be. As you move, this chair redistributes the weight for less pressure and pain.
- The Rhythm fabric that covers the Embody is made to keep you cool and disperse heat before it accumulates.
- The Embody comes in many fun colors, including Black Rhythm, Berry Blue Balance, and Mulberry Rhythm.
- A team of talented PhDs and physicians put their collective genius together to come up with the Embody.
- Like the Aeron, the high price of the Embody may be a deterrent to some.
Homall Gaming Chair – Best Single Sofa Recliner for PS5
Weight Capacity: 265 pounds
Last but certainly not least is the Homall Gaming Chair, which is my pick for the best single sofa recliner for the PS5. This comfy-looking chair is 27.9 inches tall by 62.6 inches deep when open and 40.5 inches tall by 35.8 inches deep when closed. Its back dimensions are 29.1 inches tall and 20.9 inches wide while the seat dimensions are 29.1 inches deep by 25.5 inches wide. The seat height is also set at 17.7 inches.
If you’re experiencing sticker shock after looking at those Herman Miller chairs, I think you’ll like the price of the Homall Gaming Chair a lot better. It’s one of the lower-priced picks on this list. It’s also the only chair that’s like a true recliner, so you’ll be ready to hunker down and play your PS5 for hours.
The PU leather tidies up easily and shouldn’t stick to your skin. Underneath that leather shell is a high-density sponge that’s high in permeability and resilience. You’ll even find a footrest that you can raise or retract as needed. Feel free to shift your chair from 90 to 180 degrees so you can recline as you wish.
- The footrest is a nice touch and not seen too often on this list.
- The Homall Gaming Chair comes in a variety of colors, including black with red accents, black with blue accents, black with purple accents, and black with white accents.
- The feet underneath the chair include pads to prevent marking up your floors.
- Some users who expected this gaming chair to be on par with a real recliner were a little disappointed.
How to Choose the Best PS5 Gaming Chair – A Complete Buyer’s Guide
Next is my buying guide, which will come in handy for helping you narrow down your options for the best PS5 gaming chair. If you’re stuck between two or three chairs and can’t pick one, review the following factors carefully. I think you’ll find it a lot easier to choose!
Type of Chair
Many of the chairs I featured on this list were your standard office/gaming chair, but not necessarily all. The Homall Gaming Recliner is a recliner-style seat, the Respawn RSP-900 has a continuous design that makes it recliner-like, and the Herman Miller Embody features a hidden spine.
If you do indeed want a standard chair, you have plenty of options. You can also go for a more specialized, comfortable type of seat so your PS5 gaming is always fun and cozy.
The ergonomic features present in these 9 amazing gaming chairs for the PS5 run the gamut. Some chairs feature detachable headrest and lumbar support pillows. Many others take it a step further by building ergonomics into the chair via adjustable features. I again have to mention the Herman Miller Embody, which is not only the most ergonomic chair on this list, but one of the most ergonomic chairs available, period.
Should your budget be a lot smaller than what the Embody costs, you can still get great support and comfort through the other chairs on this list. You can’t go wrong.
I’d say that about the build quality of these gaming chairs as well, that all of them are well-built, durable options. The more expensive chairs may be even more durable, which does not necessarily mean that you have to buy a Herman Miller. I would recommend a sizable budget of around $300 to get a chair with a good enough build quality that it can stand up to the rigors of you playing a lot of PS5.
How comfortable does your gaming chair feel? For the chair to be the best, the answer must be very. You want to look at the seat comfort, back comfort, and arm comfort, as all are important areas.
Most of the PS5 gaming chairs I covered promote seat comfort through padding and plush materials. Back comfort is prioritized via lumbar support pillows, spine cradling, and other ergonomic features. As for armrest comfort, the AKRACING Core Series EX features 3D armrests that you can raise, lower, and turn this way and that. The Herman Miller Aeron also has very adjustable armrests.
This is an area that comes down to your personal tastes, but there are no shortage of great designs amongst this collection of PS5 gaming chairs. From architecturally gorgeous chairs like those by Herman Miller to recliners and seamless chairs such as the Respawn RSP-900, you have so many good picks!
Recap of the Best Gaming Chairs for PS5
|Best PS5 Gaming Chair||Best For|
|Secretlab Omega||Editor’s Pick|
|DXRacer Racing Series Chair||Best Racing-Style PS5 Gaming Chair|
|Homall S-Racer Gaming Chair||Best Budget PS5 Gaming Chair|
|Respawn RSP-900||Best Reclining PS5 Gaming Chair|
|AKRacing Core Series EX||Best Fabric PS5 Gaming Chair|
|X Rocker Pro Series H3||Best Floor Rocker PS5 Gaming Chair|
|GTRACING Gaming Chair||Best PS5 Gaming Chair with Footrest|
|Herman Miller Aeron||Best PS5 Gaming Chair for Long Hours|
|Herman Miller Embody||Best PS5 Gaming Chair for Back Pain|
|Homall Gaming Recliner||Best Single Sofa Recliner for PS5|
If you’ll be doing little else than playing your PS5 for the foreseeable future, you need a gaming chair that’s ready to accommodate you. Whether you have a moderate budget or a huge one, you need footrests, or you want a recliner-style chair, one of the gaming chairs on this list is definitely right for you.